Monday, February 2, 2015

Mystery Monday --continuing with #9 Mounsey Little - I. O. O. F. & Rebekah Lodge

continuing ........ 

             "LITTLE'S" are my Mothers Fathers line
PARENTS
Isaac (1806-1863) & Jane (Mounsey) (1812-1867) LITTLE   [2nd Great Grandparents]

Siblings of Hudson's.........
doneMary LITTLE (1831- ?) -          [Great Grand Aunt]
doneJohn LITTLE (1832-1861)         [Great Grand Uncle]
doneAnne LITTLE (1835-?)              [Great Grand Aunt]
doneWilliam LITTLE (1837-1843)     [Great Grand Uncle]
doneIsaac LITTLE (1840-?)               [Great Grand Uncle]
doneHUDSON LITTLE 1843-1934) [Great Grand Uncle]
doneJane Eliza LITTLE 1846-1867)   [Great Grand Aunt]
doneJames LITTLE 1849-1855)        [Great Grand Uncle]
Mounsey LITTLE (1851-1940) ...........[My Great Grandfather
Joseph LITTLE (1852-1932)     [Great Grand Uncle]



                                          District Deputy Grand Master and his Staff --1917
              upper row - Avery Hiles, Joseph W Little, Charles I Hart, William Rannings
           lower row - Frank Gallagher, Frank E Kimmich, D. D. G. M., and Mounsey Little

This was also from the newspapers -1917- but I do not have a source/date etc.............. and it was just the picture without any article with it. Disappointing.

I have not introduced you to Joseph W Little yet. He is the son of the 10th child of Isaac and Jane Little - Joseph Little. I will talk about him when I introduce you to his father Joseph Little.

........and then there is Mounsey Little on the bottom row far right.

Acronyms- IOOF- I did locate the DDGM position showing below the picture


It looks like they may be wearing robes with the large decorated collars/lapels, wonder what that means if anything?   Is there a difference between them or do the designs come from the lodges they first joined or are there choices of designs each for member OR................

Don't know what position Joe or Mounsey held in the Rebekah or IOOF? Are they the same organization or different? I have googled a little and am still not really sure. I read somewhere that the Independent IOOF lodges  sometimes were known as Odd Fellows or Rebekah's ....... Gosh, I really need to do a lot more research in this area............  I know nothing!!


I did "google" Clover-Rebekah Lodge in New York and this item came up................

Independent Order Of Odd Fellows, Clover Rebekah Lodge #294 in Dryden, New York (NY)-  and as you know Mouncey lived his entire adult life in Dryden. Maybe I can make contact with this organization and find out more.

IOOF - Genealogy/ Family History Research

 Lots of research to do here and it is on my to-do list but it is not a priority. 




No comments:

Post a Comment