Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Travel Tuesday - My New Buddy- Miss Mabel Flip Pal


I am in the State of New York, County of Cortland, Village of Homer. I have been here almost a week and am loving it - except for the humidity. Everything is green, green, green all shades of wonderful green........ NOT brown or yellow!

Isn't there a way of piping the excess water across country to help the Midwest and the western states ? I can see that happening why aren't we building it? They can build that pipe all the way from Alaska we can build one across the country...........  transferring water wherever/whenever it is needed. Problem solved.

I have spent several evenings going through my cousins family albums and scanning pictures, obituaries, and some documents. Everyone was very impressed at the simplicity and ease while scanning the pictures and items........  can you guess what I used? Yes, my trusty little FLIP PAL. This was a good purchase.  It was a little work horse for several days through about 7 albums. Even I am  very impressed. I even scanned the backs of most pictures too......  don't want forget names and dates. Anyone thinking about a FLIP PAL go for it , get off the fence and buy it, it is worth every penny. I have not done large items that you can stitch it back together,  but I will ............ my friend Marilyn  has used that feature and love it. More to learn. I did buy rechargeable AA batteries so I always seem to have one set in the charger while using the other set. The batteries seems to last quite a long time which does make it very portable and good for traveling. Good for libraries and courthouses and visiting with other family members.  Are you thinking you can't live without a FLIP PAL? Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society has a link for information and purchasing and Yes if you purchase thru that link we receive a little back in our account............ thank you.

I am collecting my stories for the LITTLE and BRISTOL family's (New York and England) It is so great to be able to put a name to a face in the photos- a lot more personal and adds a little more personality to the bones.

 So much work to do when I do get home.

AND tomorrow is another laidback day..............  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!




No comments:

Post a Comment