Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday's Obituary - Death Record & Certificate But NO Obituary


Great Grandfather HARRY GARDNER
                                                              on my father's side
How odd, I was looking for my great grandfathers obituary to share with you and I don't have one. I find that odd that I didn't notice that I didn't have one............ I do have his Death Records (not certificate) taken from the FamilySearch Records Pilot - Death Record.


Harry GARDNER

.........born 15 Nov 1863 Glasgow Scotland,
  Residence: Canton Oh  Occupation: worked for Railroad  Assist Road Foreman/RR
  Died 22 Jan 1936 in St Petersburg, Pinellas, FL
  Burial: Alliance Oh 24 Jan 1936
  Wife: Elizabeth Dietz Gardner
  Mother: Jane Smith, born Scotland
  Father: George Gardner, born Scotland
72 y 2m 7 d

(I think these are both the same just taken at different times - above it is during a beta time on FamilySearch and below is after the beta period was over- no document available but it does tell the film number so I will add this to my list of TO-DO's for next time in Salt Lake City)

Harry B Gardner  Florida Deaths 1877-1939
event date: 22 Jan 1936
Event Place: St Petersburg, Pinellas Florida
Gender: Male
Race (original) White
Race: White
Age: original 72y 2 m 7d
Birth date: 15 Nov 1863
Birthplace: Glasgow, Scotland
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Dietz Gardner
Father's Name: George Gardner
Father's Birthplace: Scotland
Mother's Name: Jane Smith
Mother's Birthplace: Scotland
Occupation: Asst. Road Foreman, Railw
Residence Place: Canton Ohio
Burial Place: Alliance Ohio
Burial Date: 24 Jan 1936

GS file# 2135878        Reference ID: cn1616
Citing this Record: Florida Deaths, 1877-1939 index, Family Search (https://familysearch.,org/pal/MM9.1.1/FPCR-6cf: accessed 30 June 2014) Harry B Gardner, 22 Jan 1936; citing St Petersburg Pinellas, Florida, reference cn1616, fhl microfilm 2135878 

NOTE: need to look for an obituary from St Petersburg, Florida and Alliance Ohio. 

AND I need to look for an actual death certificate.... St Petersburg Florida- I have a copy above but need to see film in Salt Lake City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment