Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Obit - Douglas John ABERLE

                                                    Douglas John ABERLE passed away

This is a discussion I had with myself: I never know whether it is proper to refer to him as my ex-Father-In-Law or just leave it at FIL. He is after all one of the two grandfathers to my two boy, and the father of my ex-husband. I have remarried and have a new set of In-Laws, If I call my husband my ex husband than should it be my ex FIL too. YES I have decided that he is in fact my ex-husband and my ex-FIL. BUT he is not an ex-father or ex-grandfather, so that is the difference.

                                         Doug had always been a  nice man, and he will be missed.

                                                       17 June 1921 - January 26, 2014


Obituary for Douglas J. Aberle       Passalacqua Funeral Chapel
Douglas J. Aberle, 92, of Benicia [CA] passed away Sunday in a local care home following a long illness. He was born in San Francisco and has called Benicia his home for the past 10 years.

He served in the United States Army during World War II. He was a passionate french horn player, enjoyed traveling the world and was a fan of the 49ers, Giants and the University of Michigan.

Douglas worked as a Mechanical Engineer for Federal-Mogul Corporation for over 43 years before retiring in 1983.

Douglas is survived by his sons John [Doulgas] (Debra) Aberle and Walter [Bridge] (Patricia) Aberle, 8 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife Dorothy [Bridge] Aberle in 2003.
Funeral services with Military Honors and burial will be private at Holy Cross Cemetery, Colma [CA]. Family prefers donations to the Alzheimer's Foundation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment